The Art Institute of Dallas
Who We Are!
Our campus is part of a system of Art Institute locations that provide an important source for design, media, fashion and culinary art professionals. We offer programs that focus on applied arts in creative areas such as graphic design, media arts and animation, culinary arts, photography, digital filmmaking & video production, interior design, audio production, fashion design, game art & design, baking & pastry, and fashion marketing. Not all program areas and degree levels are offered at all schools. Each Art Institute school is licensed by the state in which it is located and accredited by accrediting bodies recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. The Art Institutes offer associate, bachelor, and master’s degree programs, as well as certificate and diploma programs.
Benefits We Offer!
The Arts Institutes is committed to offering competitive salary and benefits, which may include:
- Medical Insurance / Prescription Drug Plan
- Vision Care / Dental Plan
- 401(K) Plan
- Life Insurance
- PTO / 12 Paid holidays
The College Representative (CR) markets to high schools in a given territory to generate interest among students, teachers, guidance counselors and principals. CRs must also conduct market research, study academic programs offered and build effective partnerships within their community. In addition, the CR is responsible for scheduling and executing effective interactive presentations and meetings, generating prospective student inquiries, applications from quality inquiries developed, promoting the College Bound program and campus events and other activities that support the Admissions team in fostering excellent service, campus growth and student success.
College Representatives must be adept in sharing an overview of all academic programs offered and must have the ability to accurately describe the student and alumni art work being shared along with learning outcomes and skills developed within the program curriculum. In cases where we are seeking to hire a College Rep with a Culinary Arts emphasis, in addition to receiving training on design programs, the representative will also be given demonstration recipes to follow and this person will also need their food handler’s certification.
Key Job Elements:
- Manages high school territory by developing and building rapport with a variety of departments/administrators and creating a comprehensive marketing plan to promote the company and its educational offerings in order to create brand awareness, generate workable inquiries and assist students to explore our programs.
- Meets annual visit and presentation plans through scheduling and conducting dynamic multimedia presentations in appropriate classes showcasing features and benefits to collect quality workable inquiries and meet inquiry and applications goals for dedicated campuses.
- Identifies appropriate students to schedule an appointment with ADAs, which may include calling, contacting and setting an appointment with inquiries generated as well as following up with students scheduled for an appointment or students who are enrolled for the future.
- Works with admissions to follow-up with applied students that have not yet started school to enhance student engagement and foster student success in the matriculation process.
- Actively promotes and meets enrollment goals connected to the College Bound program and promotes attendance at regular Open House and other events on campus.
- Participates in on-campus events, meetings, observations as requested to stay connected to the campus community and provide support and high school expertise and leadership when needed.
- Generates referrals from students, teachers, counselors, administrators and local community to explore our programs.
- Attends community events – including but not limited to college fairs, business forums and campus sponsored initiatives with the purpose of generating inquiries and referrals.
- Demonstrates solid administrative skills, timeliness of returning calls, emails and completion of departmental reports.
- Maintains a future calendar as recorded in sales database daily.
- Utilizes technology, public speaking skills, current industry and campus information and all presentation materials to deliver a variety of effective multimedia presentations.
- Analyzes and evaluates situations and applies sound problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Other duties as assigned.
Reports to: Dean of Admissions
Interacts with: Potential students/parents/support committees, high school administration, various staff/faulty members, local community members and businesses.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred. An associate’s degree from a similar institution or specific experience related to marketing to people age 17-24 will also be considered.
- Outside sales experience helpful, results-oriented and independent work ethic are essential.
- Computer literate; technology/hardware confident (Laptops, Projectors) working knowledge of MS Office, comfortable with CRM and the latest in handheld technology.
- Public speaking training or education.
- College Representative – Culinary Arts Emphasis will require food handler’s certification (Servsafe) and prior education or experience in the culinary industry is preferred.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with people from a variety of social, economic, and cultural backgrounds.
- Self-motivated; ability to work independently, problem solve and demonstrate sound judgment.
- Have the ability to lift and transport at least 35lbs of presentation materials.
- Must have a reliable vehicle, valid Driver’s license and a good driving record.
- Must have good credit and qualify for or possess a credit card.
- Have a sincere interest in helping others achieve life goals.
- Highly ethical.
- Ability to adapt to changing assignments and multiple priorities.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and successfully meet deadlines and goals.