The Art Institute of Dallas
College Enrollment Counselor
Why Become An Enrollment Counselor?
The responsibility of an Enrollment Counselor is to help prospective students take their first steps toward pursuing their passion and building a future by achieving their academic goals.
You'll meet with applicants on a frequent basis to provide enrollment counseling support for new students. You will conduct a high quantity of prospect phone calls to secure appointments with interviewees and future class applicants. You will work hand in hand with members of Enrollment, Finance and Academics to provide support to YOUR students.
On any given day, you will complete proactive student contact through face-to-face meetings, work with students on advising and confirming class schedules, respond to student questions and / or requests through both phone and email. You will work to identify at risk students and proactively provide assistance to remove any and all obstacles preventing them from being successful in class.
If you're driven to help others and ready to make a difference, apply today to start a rewarding career with our campus!
Key Job Elements:
- Accurately and completely explain educational programs, expected outcomes, student services, and financial consideration to students, parents, and educators.
- Manage inquiries to achieve prompt contact and performance activity weekly goals; utilize approved recruitment policies/formats; make prompt and effective contact with inquiries and redirect unqualified candidates based upon incompatible career goals.
- Secure new inquiries (Personally Developed Referrals) by directly asking phone and in-person contacts about referrals of others to contact that may be interested in programs offered.
- Schedule and conduct interviews, pursue qualified candidates for enrollment, and determine appropriateness of candidates for enrollment based upon career goal compatibility.
- Accurately forecast projected new students on a periodic basis for Director of Enrollment.
- Consistently conduct follow-up meetings, monthly at minimum, with all applicants to ensure successful matriculation.
- Assist other personnel and departments with data collection and problem solving.
- Participate in appropriate recruitment and enrollment activities including: open houses, regional presentations, training sessions, orientation programs, career days, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
Reports to: Dean of Admissions
Interacts with: Outside clients (potential students and their parents), staff and faculty
- Bachelor's degree in Business or a related field is required.
- 0-2 year's enrollment recruitment or non-durable goods sales experience.
- Possess a sincere interest in helping others achieve life goals.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with both faculty and student populations.
- Superior organizational and problem resolution skills.
- Goal oriented and highly ethical.
- Strong expertise with MS Office, related hardware and software packages and systems for reporting features.
- Continuous learning
- Personal Adaptability
- Job Knowledge
- Student Focus/Service
- Problem Solving
- Ability to interact effectively as either a leader or as a member of a team and work collaboratively with other departments.
- Ability to listen to customers (e.g. students, staff, etc.) and to understand and respond positively to their requests.
- Ability to adapt to changing assignments and multiple priorities.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and successfully meet deadlines.
The Arts Institutes is committed to offering competitive salary and benefits, which may include:
- Medical Insurance / Prescription Drug Plan
- Vision Care / Dental Plan
- 401(K) Plan
- Life Insurance
- PTO / 12 Paid holidays
- Must be able to establish an appropriate home office environment with a dedicated workspace that is free from distractions and background noise. Subscription to reliable, high-speed, hard wired internet service is a MUST.
- Must possess current technology (i.e. computer, laptop) for the role
- Must attend the entire virtual training class and satisfactorily pass all training requirements